Science Week 2014
Its Science Week at St. Francis of Assisi and we have an exciting schedule of events that involves participation from all classes and teachers.
Take a look at what our students are experimenting with.
Fifth Class work with Senior Infants to conduct a scientific investigation “The Snowman’s Coat”.
Fifth Class work with Junior Infants to conduct a scientific investigation “The Snowman’s Coat”.
Third Class – Rm 11 vs Rm 12 “Do aliens exist?”
Fourth Class – Two teams – “Did we really land on the moon?”
Fifth Class vs Sixth Class – “Should mankind invest in the exploration of space?”
Fifth Class will make “Alien Soup” for first & second classes. They will demonstrate how to separate “Alien Soup”.
Fifth Class will hold a science event in room 14. They will demonstrate several investigations. Classes will come to visit throughout the day .
If you’re interested in extending your childs science knowledge at home check out these websites.
· Discover Primary Science: http://www.primaryscience.ie
· Science Week 2014: www.science.ie
Official website for Science Week. Good for posters, logos and fun scientific investigations.
· Science Kids: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/
Good for fun science experiments, facts, games, quizzes, word searches and learning about famous scientists.
· Kidspot: http://www.kidspot.com.au/kids-activities-and-games/science-experiments+10.htm
Lots of fun experiments.
· Science bob: http://www.sciencebob.com/experiments/
More fun experiments.
· Easy Science: http://easyscienceforkids.com/
Science facts & activities.
Videos & science clips.
· Children’s University of Manchester: http://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/interactives/science/
· Woodlands: http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/
· Youtube: Good for fun investigations.
Interactive games, jigsaw puzzles, diagrams, quizzes & games.